ACT FAST IF YOU THINK SOMEONE HAS BEEN POISONED!
- If you find your 2-year-old with an open bottle of medicine
- If your spouse mixes household cleaners and can’t stop coughing
- If your teenager overdoses
- If that liquid in the glass wasn’t soda
- If you think someone has been poisoned…
Call National Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222 right away!
The National Poison Center…
Saves Lives And Reduces Illness From Poisonings
Quick action could save a life. About half of poisoning emergencies involve small children, but we also provide immediate life-saving information for suicide attempts, medication errors, chemical spills, occupational exposures, product misuse, drug interactions and pet poisonings.
Reduces Your Health Care Costs
About 67% of Poison Center callers are treated at home…safely. That saves the region’s residents over $18 million/year in unnecessary health care costs.
Reported poisonings are monitored for new or unusually dangerous hazards. When we identify a problem, we urge manufacturers and government regulators to change the formulation, improve the closure or even ban the product.