City of Carterville residents that need help with home improvements like electrical, plumbing, windows, doors, roofing, or siding should consider applying for the housing improvement grants from Crosswalk Community Action Agency.  There are requirements for these housing renovation grants, like:

  • Must be owner occupied
  • Must reside within the Carterville city limits
  • Must own the home, or buying the home
  • Rental property and mobile/manufactured do not qualify
  • Low to moderate income requirements

For more information on applying through Crosswalk, please contact Carterville City Hall at 618-985-2252.